Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Berries




My Scrapping Friends from all around the country are talking about picking fresh berries!

And it's making me drool....so here's what I did....a Costco shopping trip to buy (not pick) a huge box of blueberries....6 cups worth....and now for my favorite way to serve them for dessert!

It's a Crisp....and the thing for me is that it makes the FRUIT the star (with a little oat-y topping), whereas a cobbler or buckle make the cake/dough the star....and See, I am a oat girl! I'd pick an oatmeal cookie over a regular chocolate chip cookie most any day....and to be really happy....I'd make an oatmeal-chocolate chip cookie (maybe with a few butterscotch chips thrown in there too)

That's the thing with me & desserts....
Homemade is always Best
....and I can't wait for dinner time now,
just so I can serve this to my family!!!