Thursday, February 4, 2010

Homemade Junk Food

So here's the deal....instead of using my day to do something productive, I made junk food!
Twinkies, actually.
I got this pan at a gift exchange during Christmas time & was hankering to give it a test run.

Once the cakes were baked, I tried making the cream filling. 
Oops...the stuff in the kitchen aide mixer never whipped up past the point it is in the photo~Yuck!
(besides I didn't like the ingredients so much)
...so scrap that batch
...and onto making a Vanilla~Buttermilk Pastry Cream instead~Yum!

So, after chilling it down in the ice bath, it was time to pump it into the little cakes. 
The finished one, on the yellow plate, posed for the photo & then went directly into my mouth.
A Great Lunch Today!

The ones on the long plate are for the kids & my dessert tonight,
...and the ones wrapped up in bags are for giving away to a few special friends.